Saturday, April 6, 2013

And then there were sprouts...

Not much has happened in the outdoor garden.

I still have a few weeks before certain things can be planted and we've had some really strange weather. We actually had sleet falling this morning when I took The Bronxster out for his morning walk - sleet in April. Weird much?

However the little cups of soil in our spare bedroom have been doing better than I expected.
So far, everything except my rosemary and basil have sprouted. Some cups are further ahead than others and based on my reading, I think I'll have to weed out a few of the extra sprouts out once they get a little bigger.
Thyme

 Chives, Basil, and Cilantro



Eggplant - its there, barely, but its peeping out :)


Parsley  - parched parsley (I did water it after these photos were taken. I've got to get better at that if I want this work work!)


I have plans to plant a few things this weekend in the outdoor garden.

One tip I've learned thus far - SOAK YOUR SEEDS!
The seeds that I soaked sprouted almost 5 days sooner and seem to be growing more rapidly than those seeds that I didn't. I plan to soak every seed I plant this weekend. I also read on Pinterest that this is a good practice when gardening. If it was on Pinterest - it has to be right! Right? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment