Monday, April 8, 2013

Fashion(less)

I've probably had the same style since high school.
I'm pretty predictable in my choices, especially my choices of colors.
(I mean hasn't black ALWAYS been the new black? Ha!)
Having light hair and fair skin have always limited me on the colors that I prefer to wear.
Yellow makes me look sick and brings out all my flaws. Orange clashes with the rosy tone my pale skin takes on in the slightest amount of wind, sun or humidity and I consider white a total wash out.
Complain much? Ha!
I try to mix in a few colors and I try to stay up on some of the latest trends that I can tolerate. But for the most part, I'd say I'm pretty fashion-less.
I'd also say I'm pretty boring when it comes to my work attire. We are expected to dress business casual at my office and I tend to resort to my go-to black slacks and a dress top 4 out of 5 days. To me, it looks polished while being comfortable without screaming, "Look at me! Look at me!" (I'm just not the attention seeker type)
Recently - I purchased a few skirts to mix into my work wardrobe. Skirts I actually love and want to wear. Form fitting pencil skirts, in various lengths that hug just the right spots and hide the un-wanted flaws. I thought, what better to pair with these awesome skirts than a few sexy button ups? You know, the powerful business-woman button-ups you see in movies (example: Reese Witherspoon's black pencil skirt and white button-up in 'Four Christmases')
After searching high and low - I've come to a conclusion.
It is not meant for me to wear a button-up shirt. (Sorry for this repeat of information if you follow me on Instagram)
No matter what type of buttons, or what brand, or how its made - there is no hope.
For those of us who were...ahem...blessed up top on a smaller frame - you know exactly what I'm talking about. Even with a shirt underneath - who wants a huge gap between your buttons?



No comments:

Post a Comment